Yes, You Need to Let Your Kid Fail
1. By protecting your child from failure, you’re instilling in them a sense of helplessness.
2. You may be setting them up for anxiety and depression later in life.
3. And you may be creating in them a false sense of entitlement, too.
4. Conversely, by allowing your child to fail, you’re teaching them that failure isn’t something to be feared.
5. You’re giving them the opportunity to feel an ownership of themselves as individuals, and not just an extension of you.
6. You’re reinforcing the message that you love them no matter what.
7. You may even develop a healthier attitude toward failure yourself, as well.
Source: Read Full Article